Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hank Wood and The Hammerheads - Stay Home (Toxic State) (2014)




Holy crap. I heard Hank Wood and The Hammerheads' last record and it was good. I saw them play five years ago and they were good. But they weren't this good. This record is so good. Do you see what I'm getting at? Stay Home is very good.

Look. When I saw Guardians of the Galaxy I had no expectations. Yeah, Captain America: Winter Soldier was good enough that I saw it twice in the theater. For the most part Marvel has been crushing it. But who knew what to anticipate from a Marvel space adventure? I saw Guardians of the Galaxy opening day at 1 p.m. When I left the theater I was floored.

Toxic State has done a great job at representing what's so good about New York punk/hardcore. So yeah, I should've known Stay Home would be good. But this good?

Stay Home is the Guardians of the Galaxy of punk records in 2014. The bar has been raised and hopefully the rest of the weirdo punk bands follow suit.

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment