Thursday, July 17, 2014

Creative Adult - "Deep End" b/w "Momentary Lapse" (Run For Cover) (2014)





Tonight I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said, "Sarcasm: Just one of the many services I offer." At first I thought this was just another, "Can't Sleep Clowns Will Eat Me," type t-shirt. But then I started doing some heavy thinking. Is the t-shirt itself sarcastic in tone? And if so, what is the message then? That sarcasm is not one of the many services the wearer is offering? If so, wouldn't a better version be a t-shirt that says, "Sarcasm: I have no idea what this word means, can you please describe it to me?"

Creative Adult is a band who's name is tongue in cheek. It's a goof on adults who might say, "Hey, ya know, I'm a grown up who thinks outside the box. I am a creative adult!" That's my best interpretation. I have a couple Creative Adult t-shirts. I wonder if anybody at their job has seen them and done some heavy thinking. Once they got home they wrote about it on their incredible literary blog where they discussed what sarcasm is. Uh, if any of you come across that blog and more specifically, that post, please let me know.

Otherwise, check out these two Creative Adult songs and pretend sarcasm never existed. There's nothing facetious about my like of "Deep End" and "Momentary Lapse." With the utmost sincerity I'll say that "Momentary Lapse" is my favorite Creative Adult song yet. It wasn't on Psychic Mess but it should've been. I forgive you, Creative Adult. Seriously. I won't hold it against you. Yeah, the song could be a minute shorter but my opinion doesn't really matter, does it? I'm not a creative adult. But if my opinion did matter I'd suggest that they play around with the moody synth more often because it gels really well with their sound. "Deep End" is a great upbeat single. I promise. I'll leave you on one sarcastic statement: Whatever you do, please do NOT listen to Creative Adult!

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment